Kindle Fire eBook Reader Policies
Kindle Fire ebook readers are available for check-out at the main desk of the library. The borrowing period is 14 days with no renewals.
In order to check out a Kindle Fire, patrons must agree to the following terms:
- Late fees for this item are $2/day.
- The replacement fee for all parts of this item is $250.
- If you root, brick, or otherwise compromise the item's software or damage the item in any way, you will be charged the replacement fee.
- This item must be returned to the library main desk and cannot be returned via a book drop box.
Kindle Fires are available for check-out to the following patron groups:
- Current UIS Students
- Current UIS Staff
- Current UIS Faculty
- Current Friends of the Library Members
Reading on the Kindle Fire
Turn the pages of the book by tapping either the left or right edge of the screen or by swiping the screen to the left or right.
Tap the center of the screen to show the menu options.
- From the menu you can change text settings, create bookmarks, or jump to any chapter.
- You can also use the seek bar at the bottom of the screen to quickly find a certain page.
Use the 3M Cloud Library
The 3M Cloud Library application is an innovative way to browse, borrow and read popular fiction and non-fiction eBooks from Brookens Library. You will need your I-Card to use the application.
Click here to go to the 3M Cloud Library guide.
Each Kindle Fire comes with over 100 free ebooks already loaded onto them. Our preloaded collection is comprised of classic literature and well known works by establihsed authors.
For more information on free ebooks see the "Downlaoding Free eBooks" section here.