When you find a book that is relevant to your topic, check to see which Library of Congress Subject Headings (LCSH) are attached to its catalog record. By clicking on any of the subject headings you can see all of the other books that share that classification. It may help you find more books relevant to your topic. You can then browse books in the catalog by LC subject headings (Search by: Subject). The Library of Congress has several subject headings that pertain to Criminal Justice. In addition to "Criminology," search for "Victimology," "Criminal Justice Administration," "Crimes and Offenses," and "Police."
The following Library of Congress classifications may be useful when browsing the shelves at the Library for materials:
- HV 6035-6197 Criminal anthropology (Including criminal types, criminal psychology, prison psychology, causes of crime)
- HV 6250-6250.4 - Victims of crimes. Victimology
- HV 7428 - Social work with delinquents and criminals
- HV 7935-8025 - Police administration and organization
- HV 8079.2-8079.35 - Police social work